Followers

Thursday, May 24, 2012

My Uncle's Little Spike

My uncle is a great guy. He is very generous because he lets my step-dad and me hunt on his land. My uncle used to be a cop and he is really good with a gun and a bow. I have seen him shoot a deer before, and this is the story behind it.

On this morning we had four people in woods hunting. These people were my step-dad, cousin, uncle, and me. I was down a hill, my step-dad, uncle, and cousin were on top of the hill. They were spread out about seventy yards apart.

Well it was just starting to get light outside, and the deer were starting to move around. I was only going to shoot a buck, but I saw a lot of doe that morning. Well me and my step-dad were texting and he said that he heard some going my uncles way. I started getting excited also because they could cut left and come down the hill. Sadly,this did not happen though.

Well it was about fifteen minutes after I had got the text so I knew I would hear the shot at any second. All of the sudden hear a huge bang, and a roar of the echo through the trees. I knew my uncle was such a good shot that he would hit in the kill spot.

I waited for my step-dad to text me so I could get out of the tree-stand, and roughly fifteen minutes after the sound of the shot I got the message and came out the tree-stand. I walked up to my uncle's tree-stand, and was talking to my cousin and my step-dad. My uncle said that he had shot a spike, which is a buck with two little spikes on the top of its head.

So we took off looking for it because when he shot it the deer ran off. There was no blood where the deer was standing when it got shot. This usually means that you missed, but about ten yards in the direction the deer took off is where the blood trail began.We followed it for fifty yards and the deer laid there up against a tree.

We drug it out the woods and loaded it on the four-wheeler. We took it to the processors, which is the place that cuts the deer up and gives you your meat. Thanks for reading and I hoped you enjoyed it.

Picture of a whitetail spike, this image can be found at http://www.whitetaildeer-management-and-hunting.com/images/Dec31-Spike-Buck.jpg 

1 comment:

  1. Your post has a good format and it was very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete